Fun and Easy to Make
Halloween Bug Pasta
Grab the chance to make this tasty Halloween-inspired recipe and create a spooktacular meal for your party guests!
Peakles is excited about Halloween and this year she wants to dress up and have some scary party food! The weather will be cold and we will probably be out and about during the evening as well which means a tired and hungry Peakles. I decided that an unusual way to get her to eat a hot meal with some great ingredients in would be to make some Halloween Bug Pasta. This recipe is packed full of hearty ingredients to offset all those sweets and candies!
- 500g Dried pasta shapes such as conchiglie (shells) or fusilli (twists)
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 jar or box of passata or chopped tinned tomatoes/sauce
- half tin of drained mixed beans
- 1 finely diced onion
- 6 pitted black olives
- 1 small smoked sausage diced
- 2 teaspoons of squeezed lemon juice
- fresh or dried herbs - oregano and basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a pan filled with salted water onto a hob to boil.
- Once water is boiling, turn down heat so that the water is gently bubbling.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and then add the pasta.
- Follow the cooking instructions on the packet for the pasta
- Place frying pan on a medium heat on the hob.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and once hot add the diced onion.
- Stir the onion until it is golden brown then add the smoked sausage.
- Once the onions and sausage mix is browning, add the drained mixed beans, the herbs, add the squeezed lemon and finally the tomato passata.
- Keep mixing until all the ingredients are cooked through. Add the black olives.
- Drain the pasta and mix into the sauce until all the pasta is fully coated.
- Serve with some fresh tomato, salad or just a hunk of fresh bread!
We love this dish as it is tasty and yummy as well as having the ‘yuck look at the bugs in this’ factor as we eat!
SPOOKTACULAR Halloween Food Blog Hop
We are thrilled to be taking part in the Halloween Food Blog Hop hosted by Cerys from Rainy Day Mum! Don’t forget to check out some of the great recipes below!
Please note – this is a global blog hop so if the links are not live yet then visit later!
Rainy Day Mum – Slimey Limey Lemonade
Craftulate – Pumpkin Jello Snacks
FSPDT – Spider Cookies for Halloween
Sugar Aunts – Frankenstein Green Smoothie
Kids Craft Room – Spider Pizza
The Mad House – Spider Web Cupcakes
the gingerbread house – Gingerbread ghost biscuits
Adventure in a Box –
Kidz Activities – Worms in Dirt Dessert
Artsy Momma –
Mama.Papa.Bubba. – Frozen Banana Ghost Pops
The Resourceful Mama – Monster Rice Krispies
Play Dough & Popsicles – Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Peakle Pie – Halloween Bug Pasta